Thursday 7 April 2016

PAINTING WITH LIGHT

Went out into the city on an impromptu architectural dusk shoot tonight.
I was out with a prospective client, showing my wares as they are currently looking for a new photographer to head off their franchise.
So as the client was shooting his stuff I had creative licence to walk around and capture whatever I thought looked interesting or "visually dynamic".
I took several shots in the short space of time that dusk shoots cater for, then at exactly 8pm, when the sky was completely black, camera on tripod and flash "in hand" I came up with this little gem...
Hand on heart I can say that this is virtually "untouched" by photoshop.
I gotta say I'm pretty proud of it, and so was my new client!!


2 comments:

  1. WOW!! What a stunning shot! How do you get everything in the frame at such an angle...? And the colour is great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hazel. I got down very low on my tripod to achieve the angle. Then while the camera did it's thing for 25 seconds I painted the scene with light by popping off my flash 3 times from various angles.

      Delete