Tuesday 29 March 2016

IF OTHER PROFESSIONS WERE TREATED LIKE PHOTOGRAPHY

I stumbled upon this little nugget this morning... http://petapixel.com/2016/03/28/professions-treated-like-photography/
It reassured me that it was not only me that feels the way I do about the current state of the photographic industry.

Reading the examples given for other industries here, it just reminds me of so many instances where in an attempt to save money, a "potential client" has used the old "Oh we only want a few pics" line.

"Of course you do!" That's why you contacted a photographer. You wouldn't call a vet to fix your car now, would you!
Only it boggles me how often the need for quality imagery suddenly flies out the door when 'Little Johnny' walks in with his iPhone or starter kit and a freshly downloaded certificate at a fraction of the price.

Strangely, these people generally work for obscenely cashed up companies where salaries are more than generous for the workload... makes you wonder if they've ever given any thought as to how dispensable 'their' boss thinks they are if they want to save some money!

OK, RANT OVER.... CARRY ON!


No comments:

Post a Comment